So I know that utilizing cauliflower instead of rice is not headline news but I feel like I do often forget how much it is a great filler when you are on a low-carb diet and looking to fuel up!
I am not a huge fan of cauliflower unless it’s roasted, mashed or riced. A lot of people who are on the keto diet or just in general are looking to keep their carbs low definitely should take advantage of incorporating “Riced cauliflower” into their meals. I find it at Trader Joe’s or Sprouts!
I decided to make a lemon pepper fried rice and seriously it was one of the best things I have made since I have been back on my meal plan! A great guilt-free way to enjoy fried rice! If you enjoy making more of a classic version, you can always add peas, carrots, & liquid aminos instead! I will probably make another version of this with some shrimp in the future!
- Package riced cauliflower
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/4 c egg whites
- 2 cups of finely chopped broccoli
- 1Pk Meats2u Lemon Pepper pre-seasoned
- 2 tbs olive oil
1. Pre-cook your chicken. I decided to cook it in a crockpot or you can go ahead and bake it however you please! Chop or shred and set aside to add at the end. It’s also to just add top if you are counting your protein intake After the rice is cooked to your own portion (that’s what I do)
2. In a large skillet heat olive oil. Then add package of Riced cauliflower. Cook on high heat too quickly crisp up the cauliflower so it doesn’t get soggy for about 2 min.
3. Drizzle in egg whites and once they are not translucent, stir in broccoli with any other veggies you would like to incorporate!
4. Add Chicken and enjoy!
USE CODE VIPKELSEY on your next MEATS2U purchase