This has easily become one of my favorite and quick ways to prep a good amount of chicken for my boyfriend and I especially since we are so busy with our hectic work schedules
It was nice to dust off my crockpot that I was not using at all anymore and it’s gotten to the point where we actually think we want to get a second one just to make even more!
This recipe can be used with basically any sauce that you like depending on what you were going to be adding your chicken to our use the shredded chicken on top of salads, tacos, rice, etc. Because it is extremely versatile and easy to eat cold if you are one of those people who are always on the go.
- 6-8 Meats2u Chicken Breast
- 1 Carton organic low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Sauce of your choosing
1. Place defrosted chicken breast in crock pot. Add as much broth to fully cover chicken and a little bit more I usually use about 3/4 of a carton
2. Cook on high for about three hours or low for six just depending on how long you are going to be leaving your crockpot.
3. Once cooked, drain excess liquid and let it cool down. You can either use a hand mixer or two forks (pull forks in opposite direction)to shred the chicken.
4. Transfer to a large container add your favorite sauce, salsa, or leave unseasoned and add sauce later!
Mix well and store for up to about 3 days.