I was looking for a relatively clean meal to enjoy on a Sunday evening while my boyfriend and I are both home to enjoy a meal that’s not in a melaprep container. Keith had never tried scallops before but absolutely loved this recipe! Traditionally risotto is made with quite a bit of fat and it would be way more carbs if I didn’t use the cauliflower rice so the substitution fits your macros while still having a￼ savory meal.
If you don’t like scallops you can also substitute shrimp or chicken.
• 1 lb Meats2u Jumbo scallops
• 3 Tbs avocado oil
• Salt and Pepper
• 4 cups of riced cauliflower
• 2 tbsp avocado oil
• 3 garlic cloves minced
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
• 1/4 tsp
• 1/4 tsp
1 bunch asparagus
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cut off ends of asparagus and place of a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 9 mine while prepping the rest of meal.
2. Bring a medium skillet to medium heat
3. Add garlic and green onions to the skillet and cook ~3 minutes
4. Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet and continue to cook until the riced cauliflower is almost tender (~3 minutes)
5. Stir until the parmesan cheese is well incorporated. Lower the heat so that the rice does not stick and cook until the cauliflower rice reaches your desired level of tenderness. Turn off the heat.
6. Pat the scallops with a paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top (about 1/4 tsp of each if you’re not sure about sprinkling)
7. Bring a frying pan to medium heat; Add avocado oil and wait about 30 seconds for it to heat up
8. Add scallops to the pan and cook for 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and pan so that they do not continue to cook.
9.Add a large spoon of risotto to a plate. Top with asparagus, scallops, green onions.