Meal prep Monday’s usually consist of plain dried up chicken, broccoli and brown rice right? Because it’s simple easy and quick! But it doesn’t have to be like that and chances are the more boring than your meal prep is the more likely you are to trash it and eat something else while you’re at work.
Lemon Pepper chicken only takes a few more steps and makes such a difference!
What you’ll need:
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Six chicken breasts (skinless)
- 2 lemons
- Lemon Pepper seasoning
- Capers (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or large casserole dish.
2. Lightly spray olive oil on the dish and add chicken. Lightly season with lemon Pepper and turn over and season again.
3. Thickly slice lemons and add to the top of each chicken piece. Squeeze any extra lemon on top.
4. I LOVE capers so I also added 1 tablespoon to the top
5. Add the fresh rosemary and bake with foil for 20-30min depending until cooked. Spoon the lemon juice in the dish every 10 min while cooking. Time will vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
I served this with oven roasted asparagus and tricolored quinoa.