There was this local market I used to go to all last summer that was next to my old work called Elements Natural Foods out in Covina. They have the best Acai bowls and smoothie bowls hands down. They also served loaded salads and my favorite was the Mayan salad which was topped with ingredients such as quinoa, avocado, and a creamy mango vinaigrette. That dressing is so delicious and recently I have been craving it!
I decided to make my own superfood version and it was delicious! It also gave me the chance to test out my “avocado rose” skills which has been a trend on Instagram lately. Lets just say I still need some practice!
I know that the original dressing had to contain fresh mangos and lime juice so I looked on google to see what else I might want to add. After experimenting this is what I came up with:
2 tbs. olive oil (I ran out so I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped mango (about 1 mango’s worth_
- 1 tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt (any salt will do)
- 1/2 lime juice
- In your NutriBullet or blender combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth
- Transfer into a container and chill until ready to serve the salad. You can store up to 3 days in the fridge.
- I mixed 1 parts chopped Kale 1 parts cabbage kale slaw bag, strawberries, mango, avocado, onion, and quinoa.
Ingredient Ideas for Salads:
- dried coconut
- Pomegranate seeds
- ahi tuna
- black beans
- soy beans
- Black Eyed Peas
- hard boiled eggs
- bell peppers
- sunflower seeds
- Garbanzo beans
- sweet potatoes